Café Africa’s VISION is that Africa’s coffee sector be inclusive, productive and beneficial in the long term.
Café Africa’s MISSION is to be a catalyst for change and growth among stakeholders in the coffee sector by providing a framework that enhances policy and practice, and improves stakeholder livelihoods, especially for farmers.
The Association aims to:
- assist Africa, through the coffee industry’s development, to reach the Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
- act as a catalyst to focus the vision of the industry in each country, and to build relationships so that stake-holders work together towards achieving that vision.
- help organisations and companies to identify and agree the key points of intervention, and work to achieve the agreed objectives.
- find creative ideas and methods for rekindling interest in coffee production in Africa, especially among young people.
Café Africa was founded with the objective of working with Africa’s coffee industry to find ways to restore Africa’s coffee production to its former level in world markets. We envision an African coffee sector that is inclusive, productive, and beneficial for all of those along the value chain for the long term.
Our mission is to catalyse change and growth on local and national levels in Africa’s coffee industry by proposing transformative policies and practice for the benefit of the coffee sector as a whole. We seek to build cooperation that reflects knowledge, capacity, and willingness to share created value.
Our offices work to support national platforms working on critical industry topics. We also support the coordination of work on issues integrated into national institutions, to achieve a holistically improved coffee production system.
- Develop and maintain national platforms for coffee stakeholders to strengthen relationships and dialogue in the sector, and the addressing of critical industry issues.
- Encourage and facilitate increased investment in production.
- Support Governments to develop an integrated coffee specific extension service model on a sustainable basis.
- Continue to innovate and find creative ideas and methods for rekindling interest in coffee production in Africa, especially among young people.